Information about the security and confidentiality
1.The Accor Group's commitment to the privacy of personal data
As one of our valued guest, it is always a pleasure to welcome you to one of our hotels. Our first priority is to offer you exceptional stays and experiences around the world.
Your complete satisfaction and trust in Accor is essential to us.
Accor may use your PD for marketing purposes. If required by applicable law, you will be requested to give your prior express consent to receive such marketing materials.Back to the top
3. Accor 7 Privacy Principles
The following constitute Accor 7 Privacy Principles, which apply throughout the Accor Group worldwide.
- Transparency : when collecting and processing your PD, we will provide you with relevant information and notification regarding the purposes and recipients.
- Access, rectification and objection : we offer you ways to access, modify, correct or delete your PD. You also have the opportunity to object to the processing of your PD for marketing purposes. Please see contact details below.
- Confidentiality & security: : we will implement reasonable technical and organisational measures to protect your PD against accidental or unlawful alteration or loss, or from unauthorized use, disclosure or access.
- Any data processing implemented by Accor owned and managed hotels, i.e. hotels which are part of the Accor Group, including managed hotels, e.g. hotels operating under the following brands: Sofitel, Pullman, Novotel, Suite Novotel, Mercure, MGallery, ibis, ibis Styles, ibis budget, Hotel F1, Formule 1... This list is regularly updated.
- Any Accor booking web sites, i.e. existing Accor websites, e.g. accorhotels.com. and also brand website (www.sofitel.com, www.mercure.com,...)
5. Which personal data are saved?
As an Accor’s guest, you may be asked, at various times, to provide PD about yourself and your family members, such as:
- Contact information, e.g. name, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, postal addresses, etc;
- Other personal details: date of birth; nationality,
- Information on children: name, birth date and age;
- Credit card details (only in transactional related system)
- Membership card numbers of any Accor loyalty program or any membership number of frequent flyer or any of Accor’s partners you are registered with;
- Your dates of arrival and departure/visit from our hotels;
- Your preferences and interests, e.g. smoking or non-smoking room, preferred location of your room (low floor, high floor, etc.), type of bed, preferred newspaper, sports and cultural interests;
- Any questions/comments you may have during or after your stay in one of our hotels
We do not knowingly collect PD from children under the age of 18, except name, date of birth and nationality as provided directly by an adult on their behalf or with adult’s permission. Please make sure that your children do not provide us with any PD without your permission, e.g. online. If you believe your child has submitted PD to us, please contact us so that we can delete it.
Generally, we do not knowingly collect sensitive information such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, health or sexual orientation.
In addition, depending on the applicable law, other data apart from that listed above may also be considered as sensitive data: credit card number, leisure habits, personal activities and hobbies, cultural habits, smoker/ non-smoker status, etc. However, we may need to collect such data which may be considered as sensitive to satisfy your request or provide you with specific services such as specific diet or any disability access facilities.
In such case, if required by applicable law, we will ask you to expressly consent that we collect and process such sensitive information.Back to the top
6. When is my personal data collected?
Personal data may be collected in certain circumstances including but not limited to:
- Hospitality activities such as :
- Booking of an hotel room
- Check-in and check-out
- Consumption during a stay in an hotel as tracked through room charges
- Claims, requests and/or disputes
- Participation in marketing programs:
- Registering with Accor’s loyalty programs
- contribution to guests surveys and/or comments (e.g. “Guest Satisfaction Survey”, “Contact us”; “Guests Comments”; “Satisfait ou invité”
- Subscription to newsletters, to receive e-mail offers or promotions.
- Provision of information by third party service providers:
- Tour operators, travel agencies, GDS reservation systems, others, ...
- Internet activities:
- Connection to any Accor websites (IP address, session cookies)
- Completion of an online collection form (e.g. online bookings, questionnaire, etc.)
7. What is the purpose of this data collection?
- To manage your reservation and booking:
- To book and reserve Accor hotel rooms and requested accommodation
- To establish and maintain business records and comply with accounting requirements
- For back office processing; including managing a list of undesirable guests, further to a non-payment, or to improper behaviour, etc
- To manage your stay at the hotel:
- To track consumption (telephone, bar, Internet, pay TV…)
- To access rooms
- To improve our hospitality services, including:
- To process your PD in Accor’s Clients Relationship Management (CRM) program
- To better understand your needs and requests
- To tailor our products and services to better suit your needs (desires )
To send you newsletters, promotions and marketing material or contact you about tourism, hospitality or services, hotel promotions, or about Accor partners. You can choose to unsubscribe from our Email Newsletters service by clicking a link in one of our email newsletters.
- To improve our Accor services, including:
- To conduct surveys and analyze guests’ questionnaires and comments and activity patterns
- To manage guests’ complaints
- To let you benefit from our loyalty program
- To secure and improve your use of Accor Internet websites, including:
- To improve website navigation and
- To implement security and fraud prevention means
- To comply with local regulations (e.g. retention of business or accounting documents).
8. Sharing of your personal data
As a global company, we strive to offer you the same level of service and hospitality all around the world. To this end, subject to your rights set forth in section 13 below, we may have to share your personal data with internal or external recipients in the following ways:
- The Accor Group: we may share your PD with any individuals authorized by Accor who need to access your PD to provide you with the requested services or in the context of an action as a consequence of you providing such PD:
- Hotel staff
- Reservation staff using Accor reservation tools
- Information technology
- Commercial partnership and marketing departments
- Medical services, if any
- Legal Department, if necessary and
- Any relevant individuals of the Accor Group entities responsible for specific categories of data.
- External service providers and partners: we may share your PD with third parties to provide you with the requested services and improve your stay with us:
- Third party service providers: IT subcontractors, international call centers, banks, credit card providers; outside counsels, mailing service providers, printing companies;
- Commercial partners
- Local authorities – internal investigations: we may also share information with local authorities if required by local law or as part of internal investigations within the Accor Group in compliance with local regulations.
9. International data transfer
10. Data security
In accordance with local law requirements Accor takes appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your PD against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. To this end, we have implemented technical measures such as firewalls and organizational measures such as a login/efficient password system, physical protection, etc.
You may have to enter your credit card details to complete your reservations; for this, Accor uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt such PD.Back to the top
11. Cookies & external links
When you visit the Accor Group's websites, some browsing-related information on your device (computer, Smartphone, tablet etc.) is likely to be recorded in files called "cookies" and stored on your device.
We are also collecting technical information issued by your system while you are connected. The information required by us includes your IP address (Internet Protocol) and the identification of your operating system, navigator, screen resolution, and originating website link. This technical information allows us to improve navigation on our websites and is not intended for access by third parties. These temporary cookies are part of our technology used and are necessary for processing your requests. Although the majority of navigators accept these cookies, it is possible to delete them or to have them rejected by your navigator. Since there are numerous navigators, we recommend that you consult the “Help” page on cookies to check your preferences. At any rate, certain functions may become ineffective should you choose not to accept the cookies.
12. Storage of personal data
13. Access and modification
To exercise your rights concerning your PD saved at one of our hotels, please contact the hotel concerned directly.
You may also exercise your right to object by addressing your complaint to the address given below.
To object to the processing of your PD for marketing purposes or if you encounter any problem when exercising your rights, you can contact the dedicated Data Privacy Contact of the Accor Group:
- Data Privacy Dpt.
- Immeuble Odyssey
- 110 Avenue de France, 75210 Paris Cedex 13, France
In the interests of protecting the privacy of all the Accor Group’s guests, we will need to identify you properly prior to responding to your request. To this end, we may request a copy of a valid identification paper such as a current driver's licence, identity card or passport.
If your PD is not accurate, complete or up to date, please advise the Arcor Privacy Department of the changes.
Any requests for correction will be dealt with as soon as possible or in compliance with applicable law.Back to the top
15. Questions & contact